Sunday, February 17, 2008

Change in '08

All:


Many of my friends and family members will likely seem skeptical of my recent decision to designate Barack Obama as my 2008 Presidential Candidate of choice. This is probably due in part to the generalized location of many of my close friends and relatives.


Know that I do not need to relate to you the reasons why I've chosen to support Obama; many of you do not feel the same way as I do, and I cannot expect and desire that you do so. However, I am taking this time to urge each of you to look beyond what your typical socioeconomic and geographic swaying will have you to believe and do your own research on the candidates of choice. Look deep within yourselves, examine your own beliefs, and then make the decision that is best suited to your own personal American ideals.


I, for one, have been quite skeptical of even endorsing the candidacy of anyone this year, or any year for that matter. I struggled with the country's "ideas" of democracy, looking at it in terms of electoral college votes and not my-vote-that-can-make-a-difference. I realized that it would not matter if my one vote makes a difference or not; what matters is that I stood up for what I believed in based upon the candidate whom parallels my beliefs the most.


And this is precisely why I have chosen to support wholeheartedly Barack Obama for President (2008). May you all find clarity in your decisions---I repeat, in YOUR decisions. Go against the flow. God bless.


--me



P.S. For those pseudo-religious-fundamentalists, you may find the following link worthwhile. It's Barack Obama's speech on his religious beliefs and how it relates to the pluralistic society in which we live. http://www.barackobama.com/2006/06/28/call_to_renewal_keynote_address.php

2 comments:

aphron said...

What are your reasons for giving him your support?

The Walker said...

Hey! I would've voted for him too :) I especially like his stand on taxation and the environment. It's high time that the head of a nation took these things seriously.

Good luck to you and 'Barry' :)